Visual Poetry:
I admire this aspect of Artaud's theory. I really like this because again, too many theatres use words, yet they don't realise that actors can act without the use of words. Not everything that humans communicate is done through the use of words. I really like this because it gives a different light to emotions. Not only that but when humans communicate through words and body language, they can be manipulated to hide their true intentions due to certain circumstances. However, through Artaud's style, visual poetry can be used to show true intentions. I believe this will be shown because in daily public life, people primarily use words and body language to comminuate with others. However, visual poetry is pure because we do not use it in public, so when it used in theatre, everything that society has put boundaries on in public, can be communicated through this, and the audience experience this because of the emotions that are given out, that we, as as audience feel experience-we know the emotions that are given off, but is so rare to see in theatre, that we recognise it when we see it, and also because we do so much to hide it, but is instantly given off when using abstract yet pure methods as such.
No comments:
Post a Comment