Friday, 8 February 2013

I really admire Artaud's style.
I especially love his "theatre of crulety." I really like this because even though, in my opinion, theatre is focused on actors, it is focused on actors to provide the audience with emotions on certain topics. However, with Artaud, he achieves just that, but by using cruelty towards the audience to do so. I really admire this because it is not a safe choice, and that is what everyone is prepared for when they go to watch a piece of theatre. However, there are issues in life where sympathy cannot be achieve unless they are scared or "abused" into feeling so. This is important because when they are scared into doing so, they experience raw emotions. For example, if someone was about to get murdered in theatre, then using theatre of cruelty, the audience will feel exactly what the victim would have felt using visual to create the atmosphere of primative emotion rather than words of emotion, which can be repetitive. So, i believe that you can only have effective "theatre of cruelty" with "normal" theatre, as it makes it more effective after being exposed to a line of normal theatre.

No comments:

Post a Comment