Creating a dream world.
This is personally, my favourite aspect of Artaud's style. I say this because there are so many piece based around real life. I do not see much point in this, because we have naturalistic theatre everyday-our lives, yet we pay to watch someone else reinact them. Dream theatre allows us to experience unforeseen emotions using a world that someone has made up. I admire this because it allows us to experience things that we do not usually get to feel everyday, and so watching something that is not related to everyday "issues" allows the audience to open up to issues and emotions that are not triggered by everyday events. This then allows people to walk off and see everything in a new light, experience same things they experienced previously, but with a new outlook on them. THIS is what I believe theatre is about. People can make this happen in any way possible, but I believe the outcome of this particular theatre, is what all theatre should aim to do.
No comments:
Post a Comment